Tips, News & Trends
Horse Oil Benefits for Dry Skin in the Winter!
As the weather gets colder and colder this winter, we want to share the skin care benefits of Horse Oil! Many animal-based ingredients are one of the most increasingly popular Korean skin care trends. We recently wrote an article about snail benefits! In fact, horse oil has become widely available in skin care products from both Korea and Japan. Many Asian beauty, specifically K-beauty, lovers are loving these bizarre ingredients because they can actually help improve their skin! You will find horse oil in creams, oils, and even in sheet masks!
Skin Care Benefits of Horse Oil:
- MOISTURE – This is one of the most popular and most well-known benefits for Horse Oil. It increases moisture in the skin and strengthens skin’s barrier to allow it to retains skin’s moisture
- ANTI-AGING - Rejuvenates, smoothens & softens skin, such as reducing the appearance of wrinkles
- HEALING - Heals damaged skin and replenishes nutrients to the skin
- FAST ABSORPTION- Due to its fatty acid structure, which is similar to human sebum, horse oil can quickly be accepted by your skin
- MULTI USE – Can be used anywhere on the body
Why does it have such a strong moisturizing effect?
The most popular use for horse oil is for its moisturizing benefits. It contains a large amount of linoleic acid, which helps to be quickly absorbed into the skin and increase the water and oil content in skin.
Historical Uses of Horse Oil and its other Benefits: Traditionally horse oil has been used to help heal all types of skin diseases. It also helps to keep down inflammation, heal wounds faster, help relax stiff muscles, and heal burns. Since horse oil is quickly absorbed into the skin, it can help advance blood circulation and metabolism.
But how is Horse Oil obtained?
According to many sources, horse oil is byproduct from horse meat. This means that the oil is typically obtained from horses that are slaughtered for their meat. In Japan, horse meat is a delicacy. As a result, they are supposedly not directly killed for their oil and skin care uses.
On Amabie.com, here are our top Horse Oil products:
Find more Korean skin care and other Asian beauty product reviews on Amabie.com! We hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Article by: Secret Skincare Enthusiast
Article Published: January 3, 2017
Amabie.com is a review site for Korean makeup, Korean skin care, and other Asian beauty products. It's the best way to blog and share your Asian skincare reviews!