Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for a review. However, the review was written with 100% honesty.
From my understanding, these lipsticks are a Summer edition, hence the different packaging and price range compared to the original one (which has gold specks). I received the lipstick in 03 Orange, but the colour is very much on the pink side.
★ Product description (from packaging) ★ : *their English, not mine.
This product nourish and moisturize your lips, thus keeping your lips soft and moist, with fresh and pleasant fragrance. Besides, it can protect your lips from oxidation factor (such as sun exposure, stress, environment pollution), to avoid dim and dark lips, and let it retain its brightness and shine. And keeps the lips from melting and fading for a whole day.
★ Pros ★ :
- Surprisingly moisturising: This lipstick is very moisturising, the texture is almost like a lip balm.
- Lasting pigmentation: The pigmentation actually lasts me an entire day! I have read that it doesn’t last as long for some users but for me, the pink tone is still visible even after eating. I guess this will vary from person to person.
- Interesting concept: The flower in the middle is a very unique/aesthetic touch, however, I do question if it has any true benefit.
★ Cons ★ :
- Unpleasant scent/taste: I honestly hated the scent/taste of this lipstick! It is very waxy and has this strange plastic taste. Even if I don’t lick my lips, the scent is so strong that I feel as if I am eating it... It goes away after a while but upon application, it is very off-putting.
- The plastic packaging: I am not a fan of the packaging, but that is probably because I have been spoilt by Korean brands (bless their packaging).
★ Verdict ★ :
Overall, I find this product to be just all about the Instagram hype. I understand that the uniqueness comes from having the flower in the lipstick but at the end of the day, it is just for aesthetics. The formula of the lipstick is very basic, almost like a tinted lip balm. Even though the pigmentation and moisture level surpassed my expectations, the unpleasant scent has outweighed the other qualities. Maybe, I will have a different opinion of the range if I test out the original lipstick. If you have some money to spare and an Instagram feed to update, this could be the product you need.
For more photos, visit: http://jsthero.tumblr.com/post/153292057611/review-kailijumei-summer-simplicity-lipstick-03